mmmmm…… beautiful butter!
It’s time we had this conversation. It’s actually LONG over due. Truthfully it was one of the very first blog post ideas that Todd had, and it’s been languishing in my “drafts” bin for months and months mostly because I didn’t think you guys were ready for it (that’s a lie…. I just couldn’t get my shit together and I thought I’d blame it on you). But I digress…. Continue reading
apparently the sight of the sun can make me overly philosophical…..
Well, maybe I shouldn’t have done this, BUT…. I was recently reminded of all the “half baked” posts sitting in my DRAFT bin for this blog, and decided that I might just take 15 minutes to revisit them, decide which needed to be completed and published, and which one’s should just simply be filed in the big circular file under “G.” That’s when I came across THIS little gem of a post. Well. I can’t really call it a post. How about a “concept”? No wait, it’s not a concept either…. maybe I could say it’s a “written emotion”? Whatever it was, I’m still trying to figure out what exactly was going on that day…. I’m almost ashamed to even let you see what it was I wrote….. but in the spirit of honesty and transparency…. here’s a taste!!! Continue reading
Well, last night, after a hard day’s work. I had the priviledge of trying something new for dinner. I know that’s something we NEVER do at our house. After all we are very habitual, repetative eaters, NOT! (Well. In truth, Todd will probably tell you that I am… Once I get a taste of something that I like I want it, no…. CRAVE it meal after meal after meal until maybe about a couple of weeks in, I JUST CAN’T STAND THE SIGHT/SMELL/TASTE of it…. But that’s another blog post completely!!!). Continue reading
yeah…. safe to say that there WON’T be a blog post on THIS topic today!!!!
I don’t know if any of you have ever wondered about my process for blog writing. I know Todd has some definate ideas on how I do this…. (At the wrong times, on the wrong topics, with the wrong (read impolite) language….) But then again what does he know anyway? I like to think of it as: “when I can. About what I know. And with a sense of irreverance.” But that’s just my opinion, and I love my husband dearly but while I respect his, I am also entitled to mine as well right? (Love you Todd!!!) Continue reading
see…. I really DO Look pitiful!!!!
Alright alright…. I need a little pity right now. Yup, I’m just gonna state that upfront. I want, no I NEED your undivided attention, your love, your support. Yes, your PITY.
Why you ask? Well, there are lots of reasons right now. Let’s see…. One of my best work friends is currently on an extended vacation…. I hope she’s reading this in Portugal right now because she needs to know that abandoning me here at work for three whole weeks of misery while she galavants around Portugal all “footloose and fancy free” is not something I am gonna forget (especially since she keeps texting me pictures of all the beautifulness!!!). But of course all will be forgiven when she returns…. Continue reading
Ok everyone. I don’t often “reblog” but I’ve gotta tell you. I’ve personally tested this recipe. Here’s what you need to know…..
- It’s simple as all get loose…. Really. There’s like only a 2% chance that you can “F” it up, like I mean…. Only if you go to bed and forget you have them in the oven and sleep in till noon the next day…. Maybe then you’d ruin it…. But I mean…. I don’t know how I ever figured THAT out now do you???? 😜 (in other “news” tomato “jerky” is amazingly tasty… If slightly chewy!!).
- Tomatoes. Salt. Pepper. Oil. Thyme. (Maybe oregano). Heat. That’s it….. Could it be any simpler????
- Watching my co-workers fight to get to them….. It was an awesome moment…. I mean… Really…. Who DOESN’T love it when work becomes the “Ultimate Hunger Games” for an afternoon….. Especially when YOU get to watch from the sidelines…. Thanks to the gals at Port and Fin there was at least ONE afternoon this fall when I WASN’T worried about work place politics….. Since everyone was distracted by yummy tomatoes I was SAFE…. If only for a moment or two!!!!
- These are TODD APPROVED!!! He loved them every bit as much as I did!!! To the point that when I had no fresh tomatoes at home, and I ended up paying $4.99 a pound for heirloom tomatoes on my way home from work, when I didn’t actually have any money in The budget that I could spend….. He just smiled and forgave me…… Yup that’s the power of these tomatoes!!!!! For get leaping tall building in a single bound….. THESE babies can SAVE MARRIAGES!!!!!! (Just saying….)
- Honestly….. These are sooooo good that it’s worth the risk to “borrow” the original blog’s photo (since some asshat STOLE my laptop with all my photos!!!!! Including my pic of the batch I created…… If I ever find that person…… You don’t wanna know….. I mean. I can ALMOST forgive the loss of all of our wedding photos and honeymoon photos (just kidding Todd….. You know that KILLED me). But. Steal my FOOD PORN PICS?????? That requires a punishment like no other!!!!!! (OMFG!!! Wait!!! I FOUND A PIC!!!! Yay me!!!!)
Ok enough of my ranting!!!! Check out the original post from a blog I love!!!! The link is below!!!
Port and Fin and the ultimate tomato!
Test this one out yourselves and let me known what you think!!!!
Till next post!!!
Alrighty then. Another Thanksgiving has come and gone and it would seem that some patterns are meant to repeat endlessly. Having very recently blogged about the WHY? vs. HOW? questions, I guess it is only fair that I actually take my own advice and see if there isn’t something to be learned from this thanksgiving “cheat
free for all day.” Hmmmmmm….. where should I start? Continue reading